Friday, September 21, 2007

What I Meant to Say Was

I don't drink coffee, which is a bit awkward around the other mathematicians. It's like being the only sober guy at a frat party. There's even a famous saying about this, "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." If that's true, I'm like a hybrid that runs on orange juice and vodka.

Sometimes, I walk around with a little coffee mug filled with soda. This is passable but, fails under close inspection.

"Gee Dave, why is your coffee bubbling like that?"

*Sip*

"It's just really fucking hot."

2 comments:

Adam Entertainment said...

Vodka and Orange Juice? Are you a fan of Screwdrivers too?

Mauro said...

Yesterday I put white wine in my coffee cup (and when I finally got a wine glass, I put coffee in that, even though I don't drink it). It looked like I was drinking tea. You could try that.