Saturday, September 8, 2007

Rock and Drole

I used to be in a rock band. We were sort of a cross between West View and Sedating the Masses. Both bands you may not of heard of, cause they really sucked... much like the band I was in.

I'm against bands throwing around those comparisons so freely. "Yeah man, we're like a cross between Nirvana and The Beatles." I don't think so. If that were true you'd be playing House of Blues instead of Jay's bar mitzvah. More realistically you're a cross between a guy who's so high he thinks he's reached Nirvana, and the smell dung beetles make. And, that's being generous.

So anyway. I was always fine with the band sucking. I was always ready for those comments. "You sucked." "You're dumb-@$$ listened to the whole show." I wasn't however good at taking praise. After one show a guy came up to me and said, "That was pretty awesome." When it finally dawned on me he wasn't talking to someone else I replies. "Who the !^*& were you listening to?"

The lead singer slash song writer didn't think that was an appropriate response to his comment. Needless to say, I was not a member of that band much longer.

1 comment:

Gonch In Goal said...

Regency Square was a short lived band I never had a chance to hear that was called many things: hey it's those guys, oh look music, and of course the ever popular I think those are instruments they're playing. The legacy will never die...because it never started in the first place. Amen.